Monday, September 29, 2014

--- 6 ---Walker Tower - Luan Vinicius






The Walker Tower was my first residence here in USA. Most of the people don`t like so much the Towers, but I really loved to live there. Sometimes was a little boring because there are a lot of rules like visitors until 11pm, no noise after 10pm and others. Anyway, the fact is that the experience that I had there was really different from what I had in my entire life. I`m only son and I had never divided my space with anyone, principally my bedroom. In the towers, I had to share my space with someone from a different culture than mine and the bathroom with him and more two. I was really lucky because my life in Towers was really nice. My roommate had a lot of electrodomestics in the room what turned the little space very usual and cozy as a mini fridge, a TV, a Xbox and a microwave. With all these, the little space turned into a really functional “kitchenette". Another interesting thing is that I had never lived in an apartment and in Walker I lived in the 10th floor and my view was really nice because I could see all the Stadium in front without any barriers. The amenities in Walker were really cool, each floor has its own lounge and a study room, but in the last floor (12th), there were a lot of amazing study rooms available 24hours and each one with a private space. On the first floor were the social lounge (with games and sofas that were nice to spend time talking and hanging out with friends), the computer lab and one of the best amenities… the Xcetera, a little market where you can buy food, candies and beverages. In the beginning it was really strange to live in Walker because I had never did something like that, but this experience was important to me because I could grow personally and I learned how is necessary and important to know to divide and to manage my space and time because I was not the only one who was living there.

No comments:

Post a Comment