Monday, September 15, 2014

Ledbetter House - Bruce Goff. By Camila Figueiredo



The Ledbetter House.

The Ledbetter House was designed by architect Bruce Goff and completed in 1948. It is located in Norman, Oklahoma and it is owned by the University of Oklahoma. I choose this house because I think the project was and still innovative.


House entrance.
I went inside the Ledbetter House with the Historic and Preservation Course last June and after that I just felt in love with that. I like the way that the architect choose unconventional materials to design the house with a flagstone wall in the back and a glass wall in the front of the house. I believe the glass wall makes an integration between the interior and the garden which in turn, is an entirely pleasant space. The house has 4 bedrooms, 2 restrooms, 1 kitchen and a big room with fireplace.

I wish in Brazil we didn't need to have houses surrounded by high walls like here in the US because the houses lost the views from the street. 
Access ramp to the second floor.

1 comment: