Tuesday, September 9, 2014

3 - A Breath of Fresh Air - Hillary Kidd

    This house is in the Coves on Grand Lake, which is where my parents recently built a home and because of that I am aware of the community's strict building rules. When building a new house in the Coves you must use certain materials, colors, and everything must be approved by the architectural board. Most of the houses in the community are very tasteful but most of them are a traditional style.

     I drive by this particular house every time I go to my parents and I stop every time to admire the simple elegance that the owners achieved. Knowing the owners personally I have asked them numerous questions and been given a tour of the house. They designed most of the house themselves with the help of an architect, of course, they wanted a very minimal design that would look good from the water since it is on the bluff, so the back of the house is all a dark tinted glass that gives the owners a gorgeous view of the lake. They followed all of the building rules while still achieving a fresh, new design for the area.

1 comment: