Tuesday, August 26, 2014

(1) Trevor Morse: Cape Cod Homes

The style of home that always felt like home to me was a clean Cape Cod style home. This very identifiable type of house is important to me because it is the same as where I grew up. What is also interesting is the history of how these became so popular throughout the country and how they transformed over the centuries. Cape Cod homes have a unique identifier which is the shutters on almost all windows on the house. The modern version of this home came present throughout the country when people from New England moved west during the 1920s & 30s, branching off from the old Cape Cod Farmhouse which was typically constructed with stone during the colonial period. Today this style of home is seen in many different variations, with much more than the traditional smaller home. In all honesty this is what I am hoping the home I live the mass majority of my life in.


1 comment: