Tuesday, August 26, 2014

1 - There's No Place Like Home - Hillary Kidd




     Although small, this house is very dear to my heart. When I am home from school I live here with my fiancé, Luke, we got the house about 2 years ago and have put a lot of work into it. Buying a house that needs a lot work done to it rather than one that is move in ready takes a lot of dedication. I don’t; think we knew exactly what we were getting into but it was definitely worth it. There is more character to the house and story’s to tell that you just don’t get with a new home.

     You learn a lot about a house when you decide to do this kind of work to it, for example, one of the bedrooms had five, yes five, layers of wall paper on the walls and after removing all of those layers we discovered wood paneling from the 70’s, as you can probably guess we were not too happy at this point. We ended up covering the paneling with wood from pallets and it turned out really nice.



     I really appreciate how much I learned during this experience about the house, myself and about Luke. It was a lot of fun doing it all together and we will always have something to look back on and be proud about.

-Hillary Kidd

1 comment: