Tuesday, October 7, 2014

3 Seth Gebhart- Light Cannon House

Light Cannon House: Carter Williamson Architects

The light cannon house located in NW Australia is a beautiful residential home, with tons of natural light entering into the space. This is a great example of housing that uses natural light.

The home is filled with tall forms reaching upward to the sky. Large open windows are there at the peaks of these tall forms to capture adequate sunlight to provide a space that is exposed with light. 

The use of light in housing to me is extremely important and can not see housing with out light. While some take this for granted there are some housing units around the world where light is not used to provide new meaning to space. 

I think that this is a good example of light in housing. I also can relate my own house in Norman to having proper light in housing. While I keep my windows closed at night, during the day, I always open up the blinds of my living room to allow as much natural light in as possible. 

I think that as architects and designers we should always consider the use of light to provide spaces with better living environments, especially in housing. 


1 comment: